Have I mentioned how much I enjoy working with resin before? Probably a thousand times LOL, I thought I would share today a previous project for IndigoBlu that was on TV on Create and Craft last month. The show was a wedding show so I went down the route of gifts for bridesmaid's/Mother/in-law of the Bride. I didn't take step by step pictures but I really wish I had done.
Firstly I took a piece of stampbord, remember that stuff? it was all the rage quite a few years ago and I must have loved it at the time as I recently found a box full of it when I was cleaning all my stash from smoke damage from the fire. The square one was tinted with lilac distress ink as I know it goes paler and leeches out alittle into Ice Resin when poured, I then stamped and gilded the flourish image.
The circle one was done the same way as the square, I tinted the background with a light pink distress ink and then stamped the image. This time I scratched back into the stampbord to highlight some of the flowers and tinted selected parts with more distress ink to make the red and green brighter.
I then edged both pieces with copper foil tape that is found from any stained glass supplier, even ranger has a copper foil tape which works also. I mixed and poured my resin so they were level and left it to cure over night on a level surface where dust would not be able to settle on them. Once cured I hand soldered around the edges and soldered on a jump ring so they could hang easier. I added another layer of Ice Resin on the top to give the domed effect that you can see in the photo.
Well since summer is finally here we decided upon a summer time theme for the next challenge over at IndigoBlu. For this I created a three dimensional card with a shabby vintage feel to it.
First I stamped the Anemone Corner in Crushed Olive Distress Ink, then stamped again on another piece of card in black versafine ink. Coloured with a water brush and Victorian Velvet Distress Ink.
I distressed and edged all the card with an edge distresser from Heidi Swapp and the Victorian Velvet ink used previously. Cut out all the flowers and shaped them with my thumbs then attached with pinflair glue gel.