Sunday 7 October 2012

Recent Purchases

So long story short when I split with my ex and had a horrendous time I had to get a loan to pay for solicitors and other things. The loan people said unless I choose payment protection I was unlikely to get the loan approved. This now being against the law I decided to claim back the money and did my own PPI claim. Most people do this through a company you see advertised on TV, some of them take nearly 40% of what you are owed of your own money that you paid as payment for claiming it for you. I thought well they can all get stuffed as it is really not that hard to claim it back yourself. I didn't even have my loan's account details as I had already paid it off. I went on-line downloaded the form which took about 30 seconds, filled it in which took about 10 mins and 12 weeks later I have a cheque for my falsely charged payment protection insurance. What did it cost me? 1 signed for envelope at about £2 and then a further 1st class stamp, so in total about £3, instead of 40% of my money. So I got the cheque put it in the bank and then decided to spend half on things I want and the other half put it in my savings account. I spent some at the GNPE Show in Harrogate (post on that coming soon) and some on these 2 beauties.

First up I am sick of hurting my hands cutting chipboard, not to mention the cost of blades for my trimmers so I treat myself to a proper self sharpening Rotarim in A3 size so I can get my chipboard sheets in it without wastage. See the line of funky pixles down the middle of both pictures? this leads me onto my second purchase....


 A new DSLR camera! I love the lumix FZ45 that I currently have but it has unfortunately developed a sensor fault, hence the line down all my pictures. When passing the camera shop I saw this beauty in the window. It is 2 versions newer and cost less than what it would have cost me to get my FZ45 fixed. I haven't had time to charge it yet, only pulled it out the box to love it and squeeze it and call it Fred.


3 comments:

sam21ski said...

Oooh lucky you Clare, so your ex did you a favour in the end then!!!

Great idea to do it yourself.

Can't wait to see all your purchases from GNPE.

Sam xxx

Elly said...

Ok...making a happy comment: Welcome to the Lumix Club (:o)

Crafting Queen said...

Enjoy your cutter and your camera.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...