Tuesday 3 January 2012

New year new projects

Well we have reached 2012. I have a few projects planned and will be joining in on a few challenges and workshops. I have decided to take this ledger that I found within my family's stash and saved from certain damp, decay and mould and use it as my next art journal. Also I have decided that this will be a 1 year journal and plan fingers crossed to have it filled by the 31st Dec 2012, so watch this space.


So here we have the journal, its a Collins Balmoral account book and the first entry was made in June 1982, in my Granddads hand writing.


It is so pretty and the paper is lush to work on, the ink they wrote in though smears if you even think about getting water near it which is a shame.


Here is a view of one of the random pages.



Kate Crane Art Calendar Challenge


I have been saying I would join Kate's challenge every year since she first had the idea but never managed to, this year I am going to follow through with it. Here is my first page no where near done but it has a base ready for writing and doodling on. I am happy with it as it is a blank canvass even though partially decorated waiting for a bit of tarting up as the month progress's.



Willowing's Life book Workshop


Willowing's life book year long workshop has begun, the first task posted. I am not following her idea completely as I want to keep my work in one place for everything I do this year, but I am very happy with the outcome. I may at a later date go back and re do it into her format, who knows the year has only just begun and we all know how fast I can change my mind!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it Clare, gorgeous girl and the border is cool too!

I'm sure the lifebook journey is going to be a fun one, with lots of learning and sharing.

I finished my first page 10 minutes ago - I will share it on my blog :)

Crafting Queen said...

Great projects, lovely January pages. :)

olive said...

well you're going to be busy Clare...... will wait to see the results with anticipation,,, happy 2012. xx

thekathrynwheel said...

Yay! You joined tha challenge! Welcome :-) Your January pages look fab and what a beautiful journal to be working in. Good luck with the next 363 days hehe!

flutterbycrafter said...

Congratulations on starting the challenge, it's looking good. Hope the toe is mending xx

pernilla 40 said...

your art journal was so wonderful

Minxy said...

Loving both pages, the willowing one came out beautifully.. What font have you used.. i likie alot!

lena-dailyscrap said...

Beautiful calendar and that ledger book makes me drawl... happy 2012!

The Dolphin Inn said...

Oooo I am joining in both of these challenges this year too, love your pages, the shape of the journalling boxes is cute , the background gorgeous and your lifebook age - AMAZING, wow truly inspired, thanks for sharing xxx

olive said...

I forgot to say I'm jealous bout the ledger!!!!!! xxx

Diane Kelsey said...

A wonderful jornal page. How wonderful to have such an old ledger book.

Craphty said...

Aahhh there you are layout is looking good like the shape of the tabs.

Dee said...

Came here looking for your postcard 2012 challenge and now see that we are also working on Lifebook together too. Lovely work.

Darcy Marshall said...

love your goddess, the eyes and mouth are just lovely and I adore the birds you added.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...