Sunday 20 March 2011

Marie Antoinette Journal Page



I made a comment on the loverly Doon's Blog today after she posted about comic relief and Mother Teresa, she only made a small comment that Mother Teresa is often miss quoted, I replied so is Marie Antoinette. Pretty much if you ask who said ''Let them eat cake'' you will get back Marie Antoinette, this is in fact untrue. It was published in a book in written in 1769 supposedly to be a direct quote from a ''great princess'' regarding peasants and a famine. Marie at this time was actually 13 years old and their was no famine. It is widely believed that Marie Teresa a French Princess that married and became Queen of Spain actually said this a decade before Marie Antoinette was actually born during a famine in Spain. Interesting how things gain grandeur over time that never actually happened.

1 comment:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I can't believe I've been so sick I haven't felt like visiting. Here I am and appreciating your kind words while I've been so sick. I really enjoyed the bit of historic information about Marie Teresa. How fun to see the journal page come together, too. Thanks for being such a great friend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...